Friday, November 14, 2008

Keeping the Surprise in Christmas

I wish KinekPoint had been around last Christmas. Okay, I work here – saying that probably isn’t too surprising – but it’s true. Last year, I practically jumped through hoops to keep my roommate’s Christmas gift (an Alfred Hitchcock Film Festival Poster) a surprise.

“I ordered a Marilyn Monroe poster for my sister,” I lied, one afternoon. “So if a poster tube arrives, it’s for me.”

I thought that would be the end of it: one small lie that would keep the present a surprise.

Then it got complicated. A few days later, my roommate ordered a poster for his brother. Every time a delivery slip landed on our door, I raced to be the one first to the postal outlet. Half the time, the deliveries turned out not to be for me and, because the packages weren’t sent in my name, my roommate would have to make a separate trip to the depot.

By the time the poster finally arrived, I was sick of the whole thing.

This year, no matter what I order, I’m covered. There are two KinekPoint Depots within a couple of blocks of where I work. If I ship to one, I won’t have to worry about someone opening their gift by mistake.

What about you? Have you ever found the perfect gift only to have the surprise ruined before the big day?


No comments:

Post a Comment